Sometimes businesses are faced with challenges that lead to the courtroom. Lawsuits and litigation can be a daunting idea for any business owner, that’s why it’s important to have the right people by your side throughout the process. Chad has become well known for providing expert litigation services that more often than not lead to resolution. The goal is always to resolve disputes before they become courtroom cases. If the dispute does become a courtroom proceeding, Chad is often called upon to provide “expert witness” testimony in district and federal courts, where his expertise and integrity have become well known.
Gathering facts, reaching accurate conclusions and then presenting the findings in straightforward layman’s terms are essential attributes of an expert witness. This is no small feat when the findings include highly technical information. It takes a refined set of skills to present this kind of information in common, everyday terms. Successfully communicating highly technical information and consistently being a reliable source are just a few among the several reasons companies turn to Chad for litigation services.
- Business Valuation: Businesses need to be valuated for a number of reasons, including Estate Tax, Gifting Programs, Divorce, Partner Split-Ups, Purchase or Sale of Business, Mergers and Acquisitions, Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs).
- Business Losses: Accurate calculation of economic losses for insurance claims, breach of contract and other business agreements.
- Insurance Claims: Detailed review of policies to investigate coverage issues and the appropriate method to calculate loss. Can assist from either the insured or insurer’s perspective.
- Partner/Shareholder Disputes: Analysis of compensation and benefits received by each of the parties involved in dispute.
- Mediation/Arbitration: Helping businesses to resolve disputes with minimal disruption, and in a timely fashion and without litigation.
- Commercial Damages: Our experience and expert testimony results in litigation support that stands up well against a wide range of legal standards for recovery.
- Bankruptcy: Providing assistance to attorneys in preparing bankruptcy schedules and monthly operating reports, which may include tracing, locating & evaluation of assets pertaining to bankruptcy qualification.
If a company suspects that financial records have been falsified or there has been some kind of financial wrongdoing, highly concentrated form of investigation methods are needed. These methods are only possible for forensic accountants with a unique blend of education and experience. Chad’s qualifications in this area include the Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) designation, which is a professional credential issued by the American Institute of CPAs recognizing an individual’s expertise in getting to the bottom of financial information being investigated, often in court-related proceedings. Chad is also a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), a professional certification that recognizes experience and expertise in the area of anti-fraud.
- Law Enforcement Agencies: Providing services to various agencies to assist in the tracking and finding of hidden assets; assist in all types of financial crimes, including theft, money laundering, etc.
- Embezzlement and Employee Fraud Investigations: Determining the existence, nature and extent of embezzlement and/or employee fraud activities, as well as identifying the perpetrators(s).
Why Choose Us?
Whether you are a business faced with complex operations or an individual who just needs help with an annual tax return, each and every one of our clients enjoys the same commitment to high standards of client care:
"“Chad Garland is the only CPA I will ever use for my home and for my business. His expertise goes far beyond what other CPA firms offer. His honesty and integrity give me peace of mind, because he cares about my business as much as I do. I've known and worked with Chad for 20 years. I'll never go anywhere else.``"